A Step backward for NY’ers IF Paterson picks Caroline!
I would venture to say, Paterson’s prospect of election to the office of Governor would be in jeopardy IF he pushes Caroline on NY’ers as their new Senator!
Bloomy is going to challenge Paterson for the gubernatorial position in the next election cycle.. Who do you think the Team players, who seem to LOVE throwing people under the bus, will choose? I say, Caroline will go with Bloomy. They have been cozy for some time! Paterson is just a little “too True to Himself and erstwhile” for a Kennedy!
THE DAILY NEWS SAYS:
“After a lifetime of avoiding the press, Caroline Kennedy is speaking out – and some of her views are straight out of LEFT field.
Democrat Kennedy, who is now openly campaigning to replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate, said Saturday that she supports gay marriage – placing her to the left of President-elect Barack Obama and the former First Lady.
“Caroline supports full equality and marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples,” Kennedy spokesman Stefan Friedman said.
She and Obama do agree on one big thing – both feel invading Iraq was a big mistake. (so do millions of others people…no deal breaker there)
Clinton, who is on deck to become Obama’s secretary of state, voted in favor of the 2003 invasion. Obama was an early opponent of the war, but was not a member of the Senate at the time of the vote.
“Caroline opposed the war in Iraq from the beginning,” Friedman said. “She supports President-elect Obama’s plan to work with our military leaders to begin a responsible withdrawal.” (like she ever came out publicly to discourage the vote FOR War..where was she?)
heres the good stuff:
“Kennedy – who took a slew of written questions from a variety of media outlets through her spokesman – flatly refused to say whether she would back the Democratic nominee against Mayor Bloomberg, who plans to pursue a third term next year as an Independent.
DOES ANYONE EVER EXPECT AN HONEST, DETAILED, ANSWER TO A HARD QUESTION FROM CAROLINE?
The Senate hopeful danced around some of the questions posed, but her responses represent more than she’s said to date on a range of issues.
* Whether Gov. Paterson was right to rule out a tax hike to address the state’s budget problems: “Caroline believes that Gov. Paterson’s budget appropriately includes both revenue increases and budget cuts while still protecting the most vulnerable,” Friedman said.
But didn’t elucidate WHO are the most vulnerable and what is being done to protect them. Does she actually know?
* On the landmark Campaign for Fiscal Equity school-funding lawsuit: “Caroline did not take a public position at the time on CFE, but supports fair funding for New York City schools. She supports charter schools, using government money for charters and the right of teachers to organize at charters if they choose.” Kennedy supports continued mayoral control of city schools and opposes vouchers, Friedman said.
* On immigration, Kennedy believes “undocumented workers should pay a fine, learn English and go to the back of the line behind those who came here legally.” Friedman said she also supports stronger controls on the hiring of such workers for U.S. jobs.
And what is her plan for accomplishing this complex task even for seasoned politicos? … crickets!
* Friedman said Kennedy backs gun control and opposes the death penalty. She also supports rolling back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, but not right now due to the “fragile” state of the economy.
Just one of the reasons rolling back the Tax Cuts for the Rich… we are in a “fragile economy”!… Caroline easily stumped on the NO brainers
* Kennedy also said she supports the auto bailout package President Bush announced Friday, which uses funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program to help carmakers stay afloat.
Auto-makers Bailed Out before Homeowners is just plain WRONG! Auto-makers should file Ch 11 like everyone else and operate under the review of a US TRUSTEE of the BK Court!
*Asked if she would support an Israeli strike against a nuclear-capable Iran, Kennedy said she “strongly supports a safe and secure Israel,” but believes “Israel’s security decisions should be left to Israel.” She also said an undivided Jerusalem should be the nation’s capital.
Thats the Ball Game folks…if Caroline didn’t have a spokesperson she’d be floating a BLANK page for her proposed policy..
Thanks to Not Your Sweetie for posting the graphic..and piquing my interest to know more…